Calmer Choice’s mission is to cultivate awareness, live mindfully,
and enhance resilience. We do this by providing evidence-based
mindfulness education, training, and mentorship to children and those
who support them.
As a staff, we commit to advancing this work, and to doing so in a
manner that enables our internal culture and values to reflect the
external change we wish to see in the world. For us, this means practicing Mindful Work as defined by the following shared agreements:
- We are INTENTIONAL with what we are doing and why we are doing it.
- We are MODELS for what we teach and value.
- We cultivate our PERSONAL MINDFULNESS PRACTICE, and we PRACTICE TOGETHER.
- We are COMPASSIONATE towards- and understanding of – each other.
- Our organization demonstrates CARE FOR OUR INDIVIDUAL WELLBEING as staff.
- We demonstrate CARE FOR THE WELLBEING OF OUR ORGANIZATION by tending to our own wellbeing.
- We establish and practice HEALTHY BOUNDARIES for ourselves, our colleagues and our partners.
- We OFFER AND ASK FOR HELP to complete our work and advance our shared goals.
- We SUPPORT each other in continuing to learn, grow, and expand our practice and our work.
- We UNDERSTAND OUR ROLE and FULFILL OUR RESPONSIBILITIES to our organization and team.
- JOY, CELEBRATION, and REST are acknowledged as part of our work.