Join us for the First Annual Run Below the Noise 2020 Looper Race at lovely Camp Wingate*Kirkland on September 20, 2020.
The race will run from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. The races are 12-hour and 6-hour events. These can be run by individuals or with teams of two or four. We will have a timer on-site to manage the times.
Entry to either race includes a free race t-shirt and food for Sunday breakfast/lunch. Optional upgrades include a pasta dinner Saturday night, and on-site cabin rentals.
All races will take place on a gentle 2-mile loop through the property of the lovely Camp Wingate*Kirkland. Hikers or walkers are also welcome!
The 6 and 12-hour runs can be approached in several different ways. Many will test themselves to see exactly how far they can run in this set amount of time. Others will use it to run a goal distance in a fully-supported race setting without the worry of deadlines or cut-offs. Others will simply run to see if they can keep moving for that long!
Few are expected to run without any stopping the whole time. Walk breaks are advised. Runners will also pass through the start/finish area with each loop and will have the chance to stock up on fuel, change shoes or clothing, visit friends, etc.
Your personal support crew may set up individual "aid stations" near the start/finish area. Expect a party-like atmosphere as you come around each loop with support personnel ready to get you whatever you need. There will be an abundance of hot and cold food of many different varieties to keep everyone full and happy.
- The 6-hour and 12-hour races will begin at 7:00 am
- The 6-hour race ends at 1:00 pm
- The 12-hour race ends at 7:00 pm
Bring a water bottle or reusable cup. Aid stations for 6 and 12-hour runners will be cupless.
Relay Team Information
In addition to the individual 6-hour and 12-hour solo events, teams of 2 or 4 may take turns in whatever order they wish to create a "total team distance" for either the 6 or 12-hour events.
Frequently Asked questions
Can I wear headphones?
- Yes, but we ask that you keep the volume down at a safe level so that you can hear other runners or instructions from event personnel. We also ask that you remove them, or, at the very least, remove one ear bud when you are coming to aid stations, in a large crowd or on more technical or difficult sections of the course. The important thing is paying attention to everyone's safety and maintaining basic race etiquette with other runners.
Can I register on the day of the race?
- Yes, race day registration will open at 5:00 am. Race day registration is an additional $10 from the final online registration price.
Can more than one person on a team run at the same time?
- No, only one runner from each team can run at the same time.
Can I set up my own rest area near the start/finish?
- Yes, there will be plenty of room to set up if you'd like to take a break during the run. There are many picnic tables and we'll bring a lot of chairs, but you can also set up your own break area there as well!
Will there be somewhere to leave my warm-up clothes?
- Yes, there will be a sweat-check area and these will be checked in and watched over by a volunteer. Bags for storing your sweats will be available if you do not bring your own. Please do not leave valuables in your sweat bags -- we cannot be responsible for these items.
I am a very slow runner. Am I going to be out of place?
- You won't be out of place at all. Our races are planned for participants of all abilities -- including walkers/hikers. It is very walker-friendly as there are no cut-offs or deadlines.
What kind of food can I expect?
- There will be plenty of sweet and salty snacks, including fresh fruit, pretzels, candy, chips, bagels, etc.
Can I drop out any time I want?
- Of course! As long as you complete at least one loop, you will be counted as a finisher!.
Do you offer any discounts?
- We do not. There are many different ways of pricing race entry fees. Although it can sometimes make runners feel like they are getting a special deal, we do not use the method of offering a price higher than necessary to support the race, then offering discounts to only those who are lucky enough to find a coupon. We believe that such a policy unfairly penalizes those who (for whatever reason) do not find out about and utilize the coupon or discount. Our prices are arranged so that every runner automatically gets the group discount.
When/where do I pick up my race bib and shirt?
- Bib pick up will be Saturday night or Early Sunday am starting at 5:00 am
Can my dog run with me during the race?
- Unfortunately, no. As much as we love dogs and running with our own, not everyone is comfortable being around dogs (even if leashed) and for reasons of safety (for those with two legs and four) we ask runners not to bring their dogs along for the race.
Will the race be canceled if it rains?
- No. Unless there is an Act of God that makes the event unsafe or impossible to take place, the race will be held, rain or shine. Courses may be modified to account for weather conditions.
Do you issue refunds?
- No. Putting on a race can be a very expensive (and financially risky) endeavor. To a small extent, that risk gets shared by all who enter since injuries, emergencies and plain old "life happening" can potentially ruin plans for participation.