Interested in teaching mindful awareness skills in schools or in the community?
If you have already completed our pre-requisite Summer Intensive or Calmer Choice for School Staff course, here is your opportunity to continue your journey with our two-part formal instructor training.
Part 1: 42 Classroom Hours
This portion of the training will provide the background and rationale behind the Calmer Choice content and an overview of current research and academic literature supporting the lessons. The classes encompass didactic, experiential exercises and engaged activities.
Participants will have the opportunity to explore the conceptual framework of the lessons through personal experience learning and applying the skills and tools the program teaches.
Each participant will be matched with an experienced instructor as mentor/coach to observe in the classroom “live” as well to serve as support during the student teaching process.
Monthly required reading and self-reflective assignments.
Part 2: 28 Student Teaching Hours
Includes classroom observations of Calmer Choice 16 lesson curriculum and coached/mentored student teaching experience. This Part 2 Student Teaching takes place simultaneously with the Part 1 Comprehensive Instructor Training.
This training runs Saturdays and Thursdays from September through March.
- Saturday, September 28th from 9am–2pm
- Thursday, October 10th from 6pm–8pm
- Saturday, October 26th from 9am–2pm
- Thursday, November 7th from 6pm–8pm
- Saturday, November 23rd from 9am–2pm
- Thursday, December 12th from 6pm–8pm
- Thursday, January 9th from 6pm–8pm
- Saturday, January 25th from 9am–2pm
- Thursday, February 13th from 6pm–8pm
- Saturday, February 29th from 9am–2pm
- Thursday, March 12th from 6pm–8pm
- Saturday, March 28th from 9am–2pm
Program cost is $2,000. Partial scholarships and payment plans are available. Scholarship applications are on the registration page.
Application deadline is August 23.
If you have questions, please contact Katie Medlar at 508-398-0808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.