Interested in teaching mindfulness?
Have you been interested in teaching mindfulness in schools or in the community? And have you been wanting to be trained to be a Calmer Choice Instructor? Here’s your opportunity to start that journey. We have our prerequisite class coming in July 2019!
“You can’t give children what you don’t have yourself.” Brené Brown
Before you can effectively teach Calmer Choice, you need to have an established commitment to mindfulness and have developed skills in focused attention which provide insight into your own inner life. This 3-day Summer Intensive will teach you the fundamental skills of mindfulness and how to develop and sustain your own practice rooted in science and reflective-informed skills for emotional well-being.
We will address common challenges and misconceptions that arise for people new to practicing mindfulness. There will be periods of silent practice integrated into teaching modules.
- Learn how to establish practicing mindfulness in your daily life in order to be able to apply for the 2019-2020 Calmer Choice Instructor Training and ultimately teach our curriculum
- Develop a concrete framework for mindfulness practice and theory
- Understand and develop core social emotional learning (SEL) skills
- Learn practices for empathy and compassion
- Embody/experience mindful awareness through various forms of practice
$400 per person
July 8 - 10th 9AM - 2PM
Quaker Friends Meeting House
6 Quaker Rd.
East Sandwich, MA 02537
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Katie Medlar at 508-398-0808 or email@example.com